CURRICULUM ARTICULATION & ALIGNMENT AT MULTIPLE LEVELS
- High quality education begins with rigorous standards – whether national, state or local.
- COMENCE begins with standards and directly links them to classroom instruction.
- COMENCE guides educators through a hands-on curriculum development process.
- With COMENCE, curriculum can be differentiated based on academic ability and students learning styles.
- COMENCE enables educators to identify key knowledge and skills to develop activities that empower teachers to meet academic needs of all students.
This Curriculum Module has built-in features for aligning curriculum and instruction with multiple standards – local, state, and national. It enables districts to provide teachers core activities to develop lessons that address multiple level of cognition as well as student learning styles. For the convenience of clients, standards from sources like Common Core or individual states are preloaded and ready for use in the development process.
The Curriculum Module is built to accommodate curriculum developed by individual schools or school districts. The module also enables educators to import high quality instructional materials for multiple subject areas from a variety of sources, including digitally, and often at minimal cost or free. Schools and communities can save money on curriculum development and distribution and direct more funding to other areas of need.
The COMENCE Curriculum Module assists educators in developing and implementing their curriculum. It is not a one-size-fits-all tool with generic lesson plans attached to a list of standards. Instead the tool can assist districts, schools, and teachers in planning targeted activities and lessons that meet the instructional needs specific to their students. The module even features a “Test Item” function that allows educators to develop or import test items aligned with standards and instruction to retrieve later. It also provides schools/districts a public interface where students, parents, and community can access reports that inform learning expectations across all subjects and at every grade level.